Climb for Kenya in 2021
Right now people across Kericho county in Kenya need our support more than ever before. Please join us in the Galtee Mountains on 14 August or from wherever you are in the world between now and 31 August as we CLIMB FOR KENYA.
Urgent appeal – Kericho County is at the centre of the COVID-19 hotspot zone in Kenya – positivity rates are soaring and lockdown measures are increased. Working from home is not an option for vegetable sellers, livestock keepers, street vendors, farm labourers. Without work families are going hungry – there is no back-up support… there is no plan B.
Your support can change that!
Help us to raise vital funds to protect the communities we work with.
- Soap and water – the basic defence against COVID-19
- Masks & gloves for health workers
- Resources to roll out the COVID-19 vaccination programme
- Training support for health workers
- Girls, boys, men & women to be able to live healthier lives
Because everyone has the right to create a better future
We promise you a relaxed, fun, social, challenging walk! These are group walks, led by qualified and experienced mountain leaders. There are two walks to choose from and you can choose one on registration:
- Galtymore summit is a 14km looped walk with an ascent of 919 metres. It is a strenuous and steep ascent and the walk is on open ground with some areas of bog land to be crossed. There and back takes approximately 5 hours. A high level of fitness is required and proper hill walking gear is essential.
- Galtee Mountains hike is a 12km hike with an ascent of 300 metres. The hike goes through forestry tracks and open ground in the valleys and foothills of the Galtee Mountains and conditions underfoot can be uneven, muddy and rocky. This hike will take approximately 5 hours to complete and a medium level of fitness and appropriate clothes and footwear are essential for this walk.
Wherever you are in the world
If you can't join us in the Galtee Mountains, we invite you to Climb for Kenya from wherever you are in the world anytime between now and 31 August. And it doesn't have to be a hill climb… here are a few ideas: find a climbing wall, climb the stairs, climb a tree, ”climb” beyond the longest distance you've ever walked, run, swam, paddled…
Register for both walks here Participant fee €60
If you can’t make it to the Galtee mountains and you’re looking for options around Ireland, check out www.theirelandwalkingguide.com/walking-challenges for information on walking events in your area.
If you can't make the climb you can donate via text message: