Volunteer with us!
Join us 28 October – 18 November 2017 and work in a rural area with local people on community development projects.
What is Harambee?
Harambee is a Swahili word for ‘working together’ which is what the Harambee project is all about.
What will I be doing?
You will be working with our teams to tackle issues related to health, education, water and economic empowerment.
- You will be sharing your skills and experience with local community volunteers
- Helping to further develop training in basic Business Skills
- Part of a team facilitation Wilderness First Aid courses
- Gaining a unique insight into the challenge of life in rural Kenya
- Working alongside local community health workers (also volunteers) to make homes healthier places to be, such as installing smokeless cooking stoves and more
Don’t worry if you think you don’t have the skills for the above, we will provide you with all the training you need and draw on your existing skills and develop new ones.
You’ll be inspired by the local people, their positive attitude and perseverance. Teammates start out as strangers and become close friends.
3 weeks Saturday 28 October – Saturday 18 November
2 weeks Saturday 28 October – Saturday 11 October
Closing date for applications 31/08/2017
- Personal cost – €2,150 (3 week project) or €1,950 (2 week project) – this amount includes training expenses, flights, food, accommodation and transport in Kenya.
- Fundraising cost – a minimum of €1,000 – this is a target each volunteer commits to raising before the project and it goes to the community development programmes in Kenya.