Volunteer with us!
Join us from 9 June 2018 to 30 June 2018 and work in a rural area with local people on community development projects.
What is Harambee?
Harambee is a Swahili word for ‘working together’ which is what the Harambee project is all about.
What will I be doing?
You will be working with our teams to tackle issues related to health, water, education and economic empowerment.
- You will be sharing your skills and experience with local community volunteers
- Helping to build smokeless stoves
- Helping to facilitate community-based courses
- Working in schools on the Healthy Schools programme with students and teachers who are making school a healthier place to be by educating on health issues and improving latrines & washrooms
- Working with Community Health Workers to make homes healthier places to be
- Working on a local sustainable tourism project which is developing trekking routes and supporting homes along the routes to become healthy homesteads.
Don’t worry if you think you don’t have the skills for the above, we will provide you with all the training you need and draw on your existing skills and develop new ones.
You’ll be inspired by the local people, their positive attitude and perseverance. Teammates start out as strangers and become close friends.
June 2018 dates
3 weeks Saturday 9 June to Saturday 30 June
2 weeks Saturday 9 June to Saturday 23 June
Closing date for applications 31/01/2018
November 2018 dates
3 weeks Saturday 27 October to Saturday 17 November
2 weeks Saturday 27 October to Saturday 10 November
Closing date for applications 31/05/2018
- Personal cost – €2,150 (3 week project) or €1,950 (2 week project) – this amount includes training expenses, flights, food, accommodation and transport in Kenya.
- Fundraising cost – a minimum of €1,000 – this is a target each volunteer commits to raising before the project and it goes to the community development programmes in Kenya.