Volunteer overseas with us!
Join us in 2020 when there will be two overseas volunteer projects:
June 2020 – closing date 31/01/2020
- 2 week option – June 6th to 20th
- 3 week option – June 6th to 27th
November 2020 – closing date 30/04/2020
- 2 week option Oct 31st to Nov 14th
- 3 week option Oct 31st to Nov 21st
What do we call our overseas volunteer projects?
Harambee! A Swahili word which means ‘working together’ and this is what our volunteer projects are all about – working together with local staff and volunteers in Kenya. The projects happen twice a year during June/July and during October/November and volunteers take part as teams.
What do volunteers do in Kenya?
Volunteers support the community development programmes that Brighter Communities Worldwide operate in Kenya in partnership with the local communities. These programmes are based on the needs of the people and focus on improving health, access to clean water, better education and increasing household incomes.
Our programmes require the support of volunteers to run effectively and efficiently throughout the year and overseas volunteers add extra capacity to the local Kenyan volunteer base as they work alongside them in delivery of various programmes.
Volunteer roles include –
- Team facilitation of community based courses in Lifeskills; Remote Emergency Care; Business trainings.
- Delivering Healthy schools workshops
- Installing smokeless stoves
- Training guides and porter on a sustainable tourism trekking route project
- Building the capacity of local volunteers & staff through individual volunteer skills sharing e.g . teaching; IT; medical; trekking.
Don’t worry if you think you don’t have the skills for the above, we will provide you with all the training you need and draw on your existing skills and develop new ones.
You’ll be inspired by the local people, their positive attitude and perseverance. Teammates start out as strangers and become close friends.
How much does it cost?
Personal cost – includes training expenses, flights, food, accomodation & transport in Kenya.
- 3 week project - €2,250
- 2 week project - €2,000
Fundraising cost - a minimum of €1,000 - this is a target each volunteer commits to raising before the project and it goes to the community development programmes in Kenya.