Get involved and join Brighter Communities Worldwide at one of the many events we organise throughout the year. These events gather volunteers and supporters together and raise funds to support our community development work. If you would like to get involved in any of these events please follow the links for further details. If you would be interested in organising an event for Brighter Communities Worldwide we would be delighted to hear from you – please email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Around the World challenge
What are your plans for the weekend of June 19th? Would you like to join Team Brighter Communities Worldwide and take part in the Around the World challenge organised by iDonate and Charities Institute Ireland?
The idea is simple – you can run, walk, cycle, swim, paddle, skip, crawl… any kind of movement, it’s your choice! Track the kms you cover to contribute to the overall goal to travel the 42,000kms it would take to go Around the World in 24 hours! Hundreds of Irish charities are excited to be taking part in this virtual challenge #doingittogether.
Here's how it works...
- Click here to join in https://www.aroundtheworld.ie/?selectcause=4143
- Share your fundraising page with friends and family and ask for their support with the challenge. Why not encourage them to get involved too! The challenge is open to everyone and every type of activity.
- The challenge will run for 24 hours starting at midday on Saturday June 19th and finishing at midday June 20th.
- Get active that weekend and pledge the kms you cover to Brighter Communities Worldwide on iDonate – you can do this by linking your fundraiser to a fitness app (e.g. Strava) or keep record yourself and manually enter the kms after your challenge.
- Share a photo of you completing your challenge on social media using the hashtag #doingittogether and tag Brighter Communities Worldwide.
- The only requirement is that your chosen activity is in line with current government guidelines on exercise and social distancing.
If you can’t take part in the challenge, you can choose to make a donation instead.
By #doingittogether we can cover a lot of ground and you can make a world of difference to those we support.