Individual Giving Fundraiser – Job Description
Brighter Communities Worldwide are inviting applications for two new fundraising roles arising from a new 3-year strategic fundraising plan recently approved.
Individual Giving Fundraiser – to lead and implement a new strategy for individual giving across all channels, incorporating cash and regular donors, direct mail, legacy and tax back.
Title: Individual Giving Fundraiser
Reporting to: CEO
Type of Contract: Part Time, 12 month Contract initially, 22.5 hours per week.
Location: Remote/Hybrid working will be considered.
Candidates must be resident in Ireland. Brighter Communities Worldwide Office is based at Lower Ground Floor, 2 Westbourne Place, Cobh, Co. Cork.
Starting Date: July 2023
Brighter Communities Worldwide (BCW) is an Irish based charity established in 2002 working in partnership with our organisation in Kenya. We work in partnership with communities, to deliver programmes that enrich their lives and help create better futures for them and their families. We have ambitious plans for growth to meet the needs of communities across Kenya and neighbouring countries. We actively live our core values of Integrity, Passion and Togetherness. We strive to create sustainable development, help end poverty, fight inequality and reduce the impacts of climate change.
The Board of Brighter Communities Worldwide have recently approved a new 3-year Income Strategy. This significant and ambitious Strategy is underpinned by fundraising development that will build on our existing activities, while embracing innovation and donor care. Individual giving is identified as a key element in our fundraising portfolio, with significant potential. This role will appeal to a target driven, compassionate individual, motivated to grow our donor base, while building on the excellent values within our team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities re Fundraising Strategy & Growth
- Lead, and implement a new strategy and implementation plan for Individual Giving across all channels, incorporating cash and regular donors, direct mail, legacy and tax back.
- Create a campaign schedule outlining multi-channel integrations for all direct marketing and donor development activities, including audiences, costs, volumes, response rates and average gift.
- Work cross functionally with management and volunteers to gather compelling storytelling content, developing these into engaging stories to inspire donors and leverage across acquisition and retention.
- Lead on the development and implementation of a Regular Giving programme, ensuring excellent donor care and identifying opportunities for acquisition, upgrade and reactivation campaigns.
- Create and manage print and digital (email and social) donor journey and tailored communications to improve donor retention, repeat gifting and income KPI’s.
- Develop and manage newly emerging legacy giving programme, championing and embedding legacy within the organisation.
- Ensure transparency and adherence to best practice, ensuring BCW complies with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public, giving operational and strategic support to ensure that the best data protection principles are adhered to.
- Work alongside other fundraising team members to assist in delivering BCW’s key fundraising goals.
- Provide support to other fundraising team members and the wider BCW Team where needed.
A second new role currently being recruited for is a Major Donor Fundraiser and it is envisaged the two roles will work closely together.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an individual giving fundraising role or similar.
- Experience in direct marketing fundraising, with demonstrated expertise in direct mail, digital
fundraising and acquisition campaigns.
- Proven experience of driving successful charitable donations tax relief programmes.
- Experience in legacy promotion or willingness to initiate a new legacy giving programmes.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective multiple-audience, donor-centred supporter journeys.
- Experience in engaging with or managing suppliers and agencies.
- Experience in database management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Embraces feedback and development opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills, with proven experience building relationships with diverse stakeholder groups, and confidence to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders and supporters.
- Demonstrated flexibility, resiliency, and emotional agility, with a high level of self-awareness.
- A passion for making donors feel valued, engaged and connected.
- Proven problem-solving and process improvement abilities.
- A genuine passion and care for BCW’s community of volunteers and supporters.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Results driven with ability to meet or exceed fundraising targets.
- Statutory annual leave
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity for Remote/Hybrid working
- Working with a team of passionate, hard-working individuals committed to creating better futures.
Please email your CV and accompanying a short cover email/letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, May 27th 2023.
Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Individual Giving Fundraiser’.
Enquiries welcomed to Martin Ballantyne, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download job description.
As our organisation evolves to meet our new strategy, and this is a new role and job description, flexibility will be required as the role develops. Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
- First round interviews will take place via video call on the week of May 29th
- Second round interviews will be in person, in Cobh, on a date to be arranged with the applicant.